Crematorium Assistant - Aylesbury
40 Hours per week
Who are we?
Westerleigh Group is one of the leading providers of Cemeteries and Crematoria in the UK and we have a unique and interesting opportunity at our facility in Aylesbury.
Our Company vision is to ensure every funeral service is regarded as a major event and receives the same priority as if it was for a member of one’s own family or a civic or national dignitary.
We specialise in providing well maintained, clean and comforting environments for mourners, clergy, funeral directors and staff, both within and outside the building. This includes landscaping the grounds to ensure that a natural and beautiful setting is provided throughout the year.
We are looking for a hands on, highly motivated individual with excellent customer service skills to join our dedicated team.
Duties to include: Operation of the cremators, maintaining the memorial gardens and overseeing services in the chapel.
The successful applicant will be a highly flexible, well-motivated self-starter who possesses excellent communication skills, and a commitment to providing the highest level of service to the bereaved.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A caring and sympathetic nature to deal with the bereaved at a sensitive time.
- Experience of operating machinery and gardening.
- A flexible approach to team working hours.
- A good standard of education including a sound knowledge of Mathematics and English.
- A flexible and approachable attitude to the needs of the public.
- An ability to work within a team to ensure that high standards of care are achieved.
You will need to be comfortable with staying away from home on occasions and travelling distances up to a couple of hours.
Please email Human Resources for further details and an application form.